Sunday, June 15, 2008

Wow! What a weekend!

We had a lot of fun between the festival, John's t-ball game, Matthew being baptized, playing in the new pool, the Willowick parade and of course Father's Day! Lots of visiting and meeting new people.

John and James had a blast at the festival. They enjoyed the rides very much. I feel bad we didn't get to go back today, but after the parade I was pretty much tired of being in the sun. We hung out in the pool in the backyard. It is a Little Tikes pool that has a basketball hoop attached. The hoop can be blown up but it is very tricky when keeping the air in it as you plug the plug. At least the backboard stands up pretty good.

Tomorrow starts swimming lessons. I hope this motivates James to get potty trained. This whole process is really exhausting me. I remember with John we had to tell him over and over. With James it is the same thing only James moves at James speed which can be a lot slower that Mom's speed - especially when Patrick is trying to get into the bathroom for a better look. I think I will start adding "James gets potty trained very very soon" to our evening prayers. Maybe he'll get the hint. It seems like we are going through pull ups like water. Maybe we just go to underwear full time - I just don't like the thought of him peeing and it getting my furniture wet and I already had to deal with a bowel movement in the underwear. Not fun. I'm hoping God will help me out with the next two and it goes a lot faster and easier.

No comments: