Friday, June 27, 2008

Tired kids suck

So for some odd reason Patrick has been getting up early the past couple days. By early I mean before 5:30. Today apparently he had a good excuse as he was soaking wet according to Matt. After swim lessons I took the crew to WalMart to look for a stove guard to keep Patrick from touching the stove. The other 2 did not so why does he have to start now?? They did not have the guard and the boys left sad because we did not look at the toys. We had stopped to use the bathroom and this is when I discovered that James had a very very wet diaper. I was not willing to let him float through the store and a new diaper was in the swim bag in the car. Getting Patrick in and out of the car is such a chore especially when he is lacking sleep. He fights you and then John and James thinks its fun to instigate all kinds of trouble with each other. The next thing you know swear words are flying out of my mouth.

I feel like a detective this week. We have had a moderate ant problem in the kitchen and I found two spots around the house where they have been congregating. I got the ant spray down so hopefully we will see less and less of them. I also got rid of the stench that was on our landing going to the basement. I kept going by the area wondering what it was. Then I moved our Spring coats off the hook and found a bag with old potatoes that I forgot about. So down came the coats and the bag of stench. The good news is that I found $15 in my pocket because I was washing every coat that was hanging on the hooks! Another bonus was I found the pee shield to our good portable potty chair. It too was in the "stinky" area.

In other gross things that happened in our house this week - last night we took the boys for ice cream up the street. They enjoyed it and we beat the storm that blew through our area. As I was getting Patrick ready for bed he started to choke on his saliva which then became "spit up" as John calls it. Thank god I have a steam cleaner. I think it looks a lot better. Patrick also peed yesterday in the backporch as I was changing him from swimming. I found this sort of amusing because he looked like he was trying to stop it. Good thing the porch is like a "mud room"

John has a late game (7pm) tonight so hopefully everyone will make it through and they all can get a bath tonight. We are going to the Indians game tomorrow as long as the weather cooperates. I hope the kids sleep in tomorrow - at least until after 6:30 am!

1 comment:

Matthew K said...

You forgot to mention that Patrick's ice cream was a vibrant green upon its return.