Monday, June 23, 2008

The Library

Today was a pretty good day overall. I found myself physically exhausted by the end of the day. Some days after picking up the kids or bending over to help them takes a toll.

Lori took John to drop off Carter at some camp he is attending and to hang out with Paige. I took the boys to the Library because I wanted to get a book that will help John learn how to tie his shoes (when we decide to stop buying the velcro kind) and also get a new card. For some reason the card I probably have never used (because my mom worked there) wasn't working when I tried to reserve the book I wanted online. Patrick was up at 5am for some unknown reason so during our ride he had fallen asleep and Tommy was asleep too. So I decided to forgo the stroller - I figured I would be carrying Patrick and Tommy in the car seat with James close by plus I remember that the library elevator is super small - my limo stroller would never fit. Well Patrick woke up as I got him out of the car. We got the library card with no problem but of course when Patrick sees the kids books and toys he was looking to get down. We found "Red Lace, Yellow Lace", I grabbed a few other books for the kids to read (after all we got a library card now) and the librarian had me joining their summer reading program and given me coloring books for the kids. At this point I was wishing I had Patrick on a leash. My hands are full plus I need to carry the car seat and keep Patrick in line. So I tried to put the coloring books (which were in plastic bags) on Tommy. That worked for a second it ended up waking him up which made him cry because this is when he realized hey it's time for me to eat. Let me tell you it was a long walk from the Childeren's Section to the checkout desk. We managed hopefully not to disturb to many people reading their newspapers and magazines. I guess I was sort of embarrassed by the fact Tommy is screaming and I couldn't calm him down because I did not want to get him out of the car seat. As long as we kept moving he was fine but James is still 3 and still learning how to process directions from his mother and again - keeping Patrick close. Now I know why I'm so tired tonight!

No comments: