Friday, June 20, 2008

Busted

This morning was going great but because I was taking the boys to Chagrin River Park after swimming lessons that meant extra bags. So everyone was loaded then I was realizing what wasn't in the swim bag - a towel for John. Then I realized I didn't put sunscreen on him either - I went back to see if there was still some on the porch - there was not so I said "ah screw it". The other kicker was today was my sister's birthday and I was bringing a box of cookies we picked up earlier in the week at BJ's. So we are all set. John and James are cool - Patrick and Tommy are fussing a bit. So to help that I hit the gas and back out faster than I normally do out of the garage. The next thing I know is the driver rear view mirror was bent backwards. I made some comment that Dad wouldn't like that and proceeded to get out and put it back in the correct position.

Fast forward - swim lessons good (even with James having a bowel movement in big boy underwear) - park was awesome - it was a gorgeous day for a picnic - rest of the day good. The boys finally get a chance to see Matt after he mows the lawn and the first thing they tell him is how I bent the rear view mirror back. Thanks guys - glad to see what happens when Dad is gone doesn't necessarily stay just between us.

I'm looking forward to a fun low key weekend where I can re-energize the batteries for next weekend. I hope the rain misses us and they really are joking when they are calling for highs in the 60's on Monday. C'mon Mother Nature - its Summer!

All in all a pretty good week - got my phone back and I'm snapping pics like crazy. James is making some headway on the potty training - yesterday was his best day. We got a new game for Wii and controller yesterday. The new games are fun. I downloaded the new Mozilla Firefox update before Matt and I didn't think that was a big deal but apparently it is to a web geek! Just kidding honey - I love you!

1 comment:

Matthew K said...

I'm still the alpha geek in this house - but you are leaning! ;-)

Yep - the boys were quick to bust you. Note to self: kids are informants.