Thursday, June 19, 2008

The good, the bad, the ugly

So this week I decided we need to push James a little closer to graduating diapers. Let me tell it has been a week that has tried my patience to the max. I am fine with a few accidents but after 4 or if I run out of shorts for him to where then I throw in the towel. It was rough on Monday. A little better Tuesday and yesterday not much training went on because it was so cold he needed to wear jeans and I don't have that much supply of those. Today so far was the best. I was even brave enough to go to 2 stores with him in underwear. We had a few planned potty breaks that made this morning a success. He was doing great - then came lunch. He had an accident :-( Now here we are playing Wii and I just remembered he talked me into one more pair of underwear. Oh well - when he had his last accident he didn't want changed. He is such a boy!

I would like someone to right the potty training manual that is in my situation. Forget about putting the potty chair in the living room and letting the kid run wild. I have a very curious 1 1/2 year old. Sure he could get potty trained too but I don't need urine and bowel movements dumped all over my carpeting!

Here is the ugly:
This is the image I deal with everyday after Patrick is finished eating. I'm impressed the plate is still on the table. Most of the time half of his food and plate are on the floor. The ants were at an all time high yesterday because I didn't realize he left a chunk of his bagel on the floor before we left the house. I think we found where they were coming in the house and shot them with RAID. It would be nice if we didn't have them as house guests any longer. They are driving me nuts!!!

No comments: