Sunday, June 8, 2008

Good Weekend

It was a pretty good weekend. The only downers were that Tom was sick and I dropped my cell phone into the sink full of water.

Tom started running a fever Friday afternoon. I really thought it was heat related. He was pretty good (99 ish) on Saturday so we went to our former neighbors surprise 60th birthday party. By the time we got home it was back over 100 and as high as 102 last night. He was pretty good today. It did climb into the 100's but the tylenol did its job. I am taking him to the doctors tomorrow fever or no fever just to see what is up. He has had some loss of appetite as he hasn't been finishing all of his bottles. I'm hoping for a good night tonight. Despite all of these he still is pretty content and talkative.

The cell phone really bummed me out. I was dumping water out of my new soft cooler and I had placed my phone into one of the pockets. I immediately got on ebay and found the model phone I had 3 months ago before I dropped that one in the water. I'm hoping to get it by the end of the week and activated. It will be weird not having a phone let alone I use the clock on it all the time.

We had a great time visiting with our neighbors. The girl I grew up across the street came in for the party with her family. She has 3 boys that are just about the same age as my boys so they had a lot of fun together before and during the party. My boys enjoyed our backyard pool we got out Friday night.

Friday night was actually cool because after Matt got the pool all set up I went out and grabbed some cold beer and it felt so refreshing to drink it after a hot day. I haven't done that in a long long time :-)

Time to get some rest. Taking everyone to the doctors tomorrow will require a lot of strength. I hope whatever Tom is fighting off goes away quickly. I would like to go to the splash park some more this week and Tuesday night the Lake County Captains are playing a double header. I think it would be fun to take the boys. I know John and James will enjoy and hopefully Patrick will be good and watch it too. That will require a lot of energy and popcorn.

No comments: