Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Zoo and high prices

Yesterday I took the kids to the Rainforest and Zoo. After all we bought a membership might as well use it and we all could use a fun day. It was fun and the kids behaved well. The killer was when we got home I changed the sleeping kids diapers who then woke up. I gently placed them into bed and said "night night". They must have laid there for a few minutes and decided the 1/2 hour nap on the way home was enough because they were all up! No rest for me and I was exhausted! Oh well it worked out because John had t-ball at 5pm and we needed to eat a little early anyways.

Can't believe how high the gas prices are. I guess it is the price of oil plus all the taxes the government adds on to it that makes it so high. Can't wait until they all fall down again or we get new politicians that will relieve some of the taxes. I better not hold my breath on the latter.

Fees - a lot of places have them to protect themselves but I think in the long run it loses business. For example MCI was my long distance carrier. I probably used them once in the last 6 years because of my cell phone is now more my long distance choice. Well they decided to institute a minimum usage fee in February. I haven't had a balance so I haven't opened up my bill. Then I received a phone call asking me to pay $25.84. I said come again I haven't used your service why do I owe you this amount? The "financial" person couldn't tell me so I had to call back on Monday to the Customer Service center. Then on Monday when I got my monthly bill from them I saw what they were talking about and oh yea - the 99 cents they were charging for a paper statement was now going up the $1.99. No thank you. I fee for the people who don't have access to a computer. Maybe our government should be handing out those along with the food stamps.

No comments: