Thursday, May 15, 2008

Drying up

Well I decided today was the day to stop nursing. I'm ready and I'm pretty sure Tom is ready too. So far so good - the pain is tolerable. I'm trying out the old wives' tale about putting cabbage leaves on your breasts and that helps with the drying up. I don't know how often you are to change them and what not. So I have been changing the leaves pretty frequently. When they go on it feels good because they are cold but once they warm up they start to stink. I'm lucky nobody said "hey it smells like cabbage when I was at BJ's".

We made James' birthday cake this morning. I bought new square cake pans hoping for that perfect cake. The one cake looks perfect but the other will need some trimming. I'm also going to try and make a marshmallow fondant to cover the cake up with instead of a traditional frosting. Part of the reason is I watch too much Food Network Challenges and the other reason is because I'm tired of having my cake crumbs and icing mix together. Last year when we had the "Bob the Builder" cake it was not a problem as it looked like dirt but it still bothers me. Hopefully the fondant will turn out good and taste good too!

No comments: