Monday, May 12, 2008

Random Thoughts

As I went through my day today I had a few things come to mind.

1. Wii is good and bad. It is good because anybody can play it (fairly easily) and it doesn't matter if you are young or old the competition level is even. For example I crushed John in baseball today 8-0 that we only played one inning. Then we changed to golf and he crushed me by 11 strokes. In my mind I think it is better because you are not just standing there although I think it truly is all in your wrist and how you flick the controller. It keeps the children occupied for a while and only a fight breaks out when James has had enough and turns the TV off on John. The bad - John is totally obsessed with it that he has cried when he has turned it off or becomes mean after he is done playing. He has controlled this much better lately so it has been easier to deal with. I always hear "I want to play Wii" from my children rather than "Let's go out and play"

2. Toy magazine's are evil. We got a Lego magazine today in the mail and without thinking much of it I let John look at it. Little did I know how much he was going to obsess about wanting the $80 toys in it. I gently reminded him that his birthday has past and he has no money to purchase which immediately turns on the water works. I then began to ponder about going on ebay and looking for an inexpensive set to purchase that he could play during nap time only and it would be an alternative to Wii.

3. Oh my gosh the 2nd game of the Indians double header is a good one. I missed the triple play because Dancing with the Stars.

4. Thomas is really heavy in the car seat carrier. I took the head support out today and Tom did just fine. I guess I'm going to have to learn pretty soon how to keep track of Patrick and hold Tom at the same time. In the mean time its not worth it right now and I will just have to look at it as a toning opportunity.

5. I wish I could train a 1 year old how to clean up the toys he threw all over the floor.

I think I had a few more things I wanted to mention but the Indians game is really good right now and I'm getting tired.

No comments: