Thursday, August 14, 2008

The kids took their PITA medicine today

I don't know why but today was not a good start for me and the boys. John and Tom and even Patrick wasn't that bad - but dear James is pushing my buttons and he is pushing them hard. First of all I'm ready to believe this child is never going to be potty trained despite all of my bribery efforts. This week I unveiled a little matchbox car as a reward if he stayed dried and pooped in the potty all day - I'm asking a lot but the kid goes when you ask him too but never tells you. The last few days he has started this "I'll do this on my terms. I will not only take FOR-EV-ERRR I will annoy the hell out of you while I'm doing it". He insists on taking damn near every piece of clothing off EVERY time he goes the bathroom. So this morning I turned off the TV with 25 minutes before we needed to have John at Bible School. I took care of Patrick and Tommy and John takes care of himself thank goodness. James did as I mentioned above. Then it came time to put on his shoes. He insisted on wearing socks to bed so that meant he would want tennis shoes on. He started to put on his "Cars" tennis shoes, which I'm determining have become too small, on the wrong feet. Matt's co-worker gave us another pair of used "Cars" tennis shoes that are a half size bigger and fit James. So I went and got those which started a huge tantrum. For some reason Patrick wanted to join in on the crying parade and wouldn't move unless I carry him - sorry toots Mom's arms are full with Tommy you'll have to wait for the next trip - which made him cry even harder. After I got John and Tom in the car I came back for Patrick who then decided "forget you I want to do this on my own" but I had already picked him up and was on the way to the car when he decided to throw a bigger fit. Let me tell you strapping him in the seat (because there was no way I was going to let him wander up to the front seat) was no easy task. I go back in for James is still pouting. I then took off his socks and got his Cars sandals and said lets go. Some how I got him in the car and in the car seat. I remember it not being pretty. My neighbors must love me by now. When we got to school the yuckiness of James continues where he doesn't want to get out of the car. Luckily our neighbor offered to stay by the van with the boys while I took John in. He had finally settled down by the time we left the church parking lot. Apparently because James cried so loud this made poor Tommy cry too.

The rest of the morning has been better. I wouldn't be surprised if Patrick started climbing out of his crib anyday. He is climbing into Tommy's walker and today he was climbing in and out of the double stroller (the back seat). I don't know if I'm ready for that.

I was able to get the house cleaned up a bit and the living room floor vacuumed - it desperately needed it. Then John and I headed to the garage to see if we could get the nickel out of the CD player. Well the nickel is no longer in the way of the CD but its not out of the player either. It is in the back of the player but not hurting the CD's anymore. That was the best I could do and I'm fine with it.

Before nap time I cleaned up the mess in the boys room. I hear some things rattling around up there it better just be James kicking the wall.

Today's Matt's birthday - I'm sure the kids will enjoy the cake. We really didn't get him anything - other than a case of one of his favorite beers. We'll have to give him lots of hugs.

I'm going to John's school meeting tonight. I think I will enjoy the time away.

We had a great time at the fair last night. It wasn't super crowded. James and Patrick were freaked out by the cows - which suprised me because we see them at the Farmpark all the time. They enjoyed the pig judging and the one horse exhibition. I think their favorite part was the big bouncing house.

OK this blog was very therapeutical for me today. I think my "time out" is over.

No comments: