Monday, August 25, 2008

I had a "what was I thinking" moment

Over the last couple of weeks Tom has really been on the move. The thought came across my mind that not only will he be getting into more and more things, he will be climbing up the stairs and exploring everything! I was so relieved when this stage past Patrick but here we go again!

Matt had a similar experience as we came out of church. He said "what are we going to do when its winter and we need coats and mittens on everyone?" We are lucky John and James will hopefully be self sufficient but we will be wrestling with boots and mittens with Patrick and Tom.

Why are the kids afraid of animals??? For some reason John and James have grown a fear for dogs, cats or any animal for that matter. The other boys are learning this fear as well. John and James were around Scarlet - my sisters dog who has since passed away. I just don't get it. We were at the Farmpark today and I kept telling them the animals were in cages and they couldn't get out. They were not calmed by these words. Then we were in the "Barnyard" where the Billy Goats were. They had some young goats who started to move around shortly after we arrived at their little barn. Tom started to cry which made the young goats curious and they squeezed out of the gates! This made all the boys cry - let's get out of here mom - let's go home. I'm so glad we just renewed our membership. I'm thinking we are going to the Zoo tomorrow. You don't get so close to the animals there!

No comments: