Friday, February 29, 2008

So far so good - it's crazy!

So obviously the blogs have slowed down with a newborn in the house. The first two weeks have been good because I have had the best help in the world. Matt was home for the first week and my parents have been here this week. Next week I'm sure I'll lose my mind.

Thomas finally was discharged on Wednesday. It was touch and go because of his jaundice levels. We got them under control and he has been great ever since. Since Sunday he has been up only 2 times per night which is something I can handle as long as he goes down fairly early or talks to dad until its time to eat again. That way I can rest for a while and feel refreshed when the alarm goes off at 5:30am.

The boys have done really well. Patrick doesn't seem to mind him much and only patted his head roughly a few times. It has been crazy with my folks here this week. I think they are ready to go back in their own beds. I know I'm ready for them to sleep in a little later. Patrick's molars are bothering him. Some are closer to coming through than others. I hope they come in quick so he can rest peacefully and we don't have anymore distractions at night.

I think next week I'll have to be more organized than ever - easier said than done. Changing 3 diapers, getting lunch ready and getting 2 little ones off to nap will be quite challenging. Hopefully I will be able to nap during Sesame Street so John will be entertained otherwise I will have a 4 year old checking in on my napping progress. I can't wait until I'm stronger so I don't have to nap. That will relieve some anxiety that I will be able to hopefully accomplish some work for my virtual assistant job during the day - especially if I get a job at night or on the weekends.

Chicken Little aka Tom is looking to eat now. I'll update when I have enough time and strength not to nap!

No comments: