Thursday, February 7, 2008

February 7th

Well it was a good night as far as Patrick was concerned but my mind got the best of me and made me worry a lot. What was I worried about?? Having the baby today while I went to Babies R Us. The worst part was I couldn't get in touch with Matt and I had the three kids by myself. I kept wondering if I could get in touch with Kathy to come get the kids and to get to the hospital. Well, to solve my problem, I called Kathy this morning and asked her to meet me at Babies R Us. I was lucky enough that she was available.

We met her and it was so helpful because she could push James around - even keep John and him occupied while I located items off the baby registry for my cousin on top of looking for my now - 4th child necessities. I almost started to blow all the money on cute clothes - I don't need but am a sucker. Then I remembered that I needed a changing table pad as the one I currently have (which was bought used) is tearing and could really be replaced. Did I think to measure how long the table was - heck no. I was about to buy the cheaper, flatter changing table pad until my SIL Kathy talked me into the contour shaped pad - the one I really wanted . Turns out I made a good decision shelling out the extra money because this pad fit perfectly and the other one woudn't have fit my table. The other reason that was making me not want to get the contoured shape pad was the fact I would probably need new covers - more $. I found one that was $8 because it was discontinued and then I paid the full price for the other one. Well after we got the cutest Irish outfit on the way out I ended up going over the card limit of $100 by $12. I even put back an outfit I was going to use as a going home outfit and maybe Easter outfit (only $7 but still I'm trying to be good :)

Kathy then treated us to Wendy's. I can't believe how well James ate. I guess that is good because he didn't eat very very well yesterday.

We came home and Patrick and I napped. John and James did god only knows in their bedroom. Well I found out James moved his and John's duck banks on to James' bed. I wish he would stop doing that. I guess James was excited at the fact his cousins, Carter and Paige were coming over and I wasn't sure of the time so I was hoping he would go to sleep fairly quickly but maybe not take such a long nap. That plan didn't work out. He made it until 7:45 tonight and went to bed with no problem.

The kids enjoyed seeing their cousins. The toys and noise level was at a all time high. Ok Celebrity Apprentice is on and I have laundry to fold.

Good news - no baby today - maybe I have another 20 days left in me after all!

1 comment:

Matthew K said...

I'll take this as a hint that maybe I should answer my cell phone at work?