Tuesday, February 5, 2008

February 5th

Today was a great day. Matt stayed home with the boys so I could go to my doctors appointment without trying to entertain three little boys and not having to answer John's questions about the female anatomy. I think it is still puzzling to him that I do not have a penis.

I feel like I'm at the point in my pregnancy when we are waiting and watching for the New Year's Ball to drop. The doctor said I am dialated to 2 cm. That is up 1 from last week. I'm hoping it will be a slow progression to 10 and that I will get to have a full 3 weeks off with the boys. My cousing Ashley is coming tomorrow and Friday so I know Thomas' room will be ready but it would be nice if I could get the carpet in our living room and bedroom cleaned as well. Oh and there is the added pressure of being Room parent for John's Valentine's party and taking John for Kindergarten screening on February 20th. Ok I guess if I get through those things Thomas can come but the later the better as to maximize my work benefits!

After my appointment I ran some travel information out to a guy who is using me as his meeting coordinator. I like the job a lot. I don't have to invest a lot of time into it which is good and bad when it comes to being paid. When I got home I packed the boys up and headed to the mall.

This past month James and Patrick have been couped up in the house so I was looking forward to a no school day with a bonus of warmer temperatures to get them out of the house. I also needed to get my engagement ring serviced (the prongs were starting to get loose) and they have a Hallmark store so I might as well buy Valentine cards for all of my boys! Then we were off to play in the play area after a quick stop at the Indians team shop. I only saw a handful of things that would be cool to buy from the Indians.

I think the boys enjoyed the play area a lot. They are fun to watch. John leads the way and James is close behind at times. Other times it takes me a minute to locate everyone in the different toys they have. Patrick should be proud he was able to climb into the toy airplane. He only did it once but I'm sure it will now happen more frequently.

My bladder decided when we left the play area today. I tried to hold it as long as I could plus it was getting close to the lunch hour. I love the Family restrooms at the mall where the whole crew (including stroller) can take care of business without being to cramped and in everyone's way. As soon as we got in there James says "pee" - so does that mean he really has to go or he is just making the association? I don't leave it to chance and put him on the potty first. He didn't have to go that bad. As I took care of him getting dressed I made John go - then it was my turn. Patrick was last but he didn't seem to mind. The whole time I'm changing Patrick the boys are either getting too close to the toilet (that has an automatic flusher) or the automatic hand dryer. After they would set that off they would complain about the noise level - like their screaming isn't that loud.

We used money the kids got from their Grandma for Christmas for lunch money. Usually I will pack but with it being Fat Tuesday and I never know what James is going to eat I decided the kids would get treated today. We got pizza and they actually sold "potato wedges" that would satisfy my french fry lovers. John and Patrick at pretty well. James ate ok but at least I felt I got my moneys worth and I didn't come home with a handful of chicken nuggets.

We then packed up and headed home. Patrick fell asleep on the way home. I expected that. The part I was nervous about was once we got home. Luckily he went down in his crib and slept really good. He has been getting up very early due to congestion and not been napping very well. James eventually went down and John and I played some games in between a couple of short naps. There is nothing like getting your batteries recharged for the evening.

It was a nice surprise that Matt was home early. The boys enjoyed their time with him this morning so for him to be home fairly early was a treat too. It sure made bathtime easier for crowd control reasons.

Tomorrow is a cleaning day and I'm going to take the boys to Ash Wednesday services. I hope that goes well. If not I will have a hair appointment in the evening to look forward to. I also have this weekend to look forward too. My aunt is going to watch the boys so Matt and I can go out. We are going to meet his brothers and their wives. I'm sure I'll be tired on Sunday but it will be so nice to visit with them!

No comments: