Friday, January 30, 2009

The new chair

We got our new living room chair delivered in the snowstorm on Wednesday. Matt's reaction was its bigger than I thought (I knew it was big). My reaction was it is Olive - not brown especially when you compare it to the very chocolate brown couch we have. The design is identical to our couch. I think they compliment each other well style and color wise. The new chair definitely matches the curtains. It is very comfortable and now a little less static-electricity. I took pictures of the boys in the chair so look for those soon on my Flickr page. I now wouldn't mind having the matching couch and the sale is still on through the weekend, but Patrick needs to be in a bed more. Although days like today I'm glad he is in a crib. He didn't want to go to nap time when it was time. At one point I heard a thump and him saying "ouch" so I went upstairs to see if he climbed out but he didn't. I'm going to have to learn how to use the big gate so when he is in the boys room I can put that up at nap time.

John had a great week. The school made learning about bullying really fun by assigning each day a special themed day. Monday was wear your school shirts - we do not have; Tuesday - where your favorite baseball cap - we have plenty of those; Wednesday was mismatch day - snow day so this was moved to Friday and Thursday was pajama day. Friday was supposed to be Cavs day - as we are to "rise up" against bullying. I think he enjoyed having the special themed days. He came home from school today with a computer game. He called it a Wii game for the computer for him and the boys. Apparently he helped his teacher put the chairs on the tables. She sent a note home letting me know this is why he got the game - also because she couldn't get it to work on the school computer. It's a shame she can't answer my note I sent last week about the cookie dough pick-up. We ordered a couple of things from their fundraiser and apparently you have to pick it up after school. I was checking to see if John could just bring it home. Apparently not. I hope they have an evaluation form to fill out at the end of the year like they did in college.

James is really becoming a young boy. The last two days have been fantastic with potty training. Today was the best yet - I said you know what you have to do - thinking he would just stand and pee but he got himself all situated and sat down to take care of business - not just once but twice! His bladder control is really good. That is huge. We actually went to BJ's for diapers and didn't buy any for him. I have a box of Overnights (I'm sure we will be using diapers at night for a while) so I didn't need them. I did buy some pullups for Patrick. We shall see if he starts to come around. I did find out more about James' school today. Apparently his bus stop is on Vine Street - near the apartments just before Eastlake. He takes bus #64 (ironically the same as John's bus). His teacher's name is Mr. Rogers and they watch Sesame Street.

Tommy thought it would be funny today to walk from one end of the couch to the other instead of crawling. I know he probably learned that from Patrick. Patrick had a lot of 2 year old moments today but was really cute when he brought his sippy cup and a couple of Cars and a horse to play with James' entourage of Cars. James assigned Patrick a few Cars and proceeded to walk away. Anytime James says something isn't funny I usually end up laughing because of the way he says it.

I'm nervous about all the ice hanging on our house. After the big storm last March we had water dripping in the house by the front window. We actually have water dripping down the brick inside our porch now. Our Ohio flag is soaken wet and even had an icicle on the end. Matt is going to get up on the ladder to knock some of the snow off the house. I have had my fill of shoveling snow.

No comments: