Monday, January 19, 2009

MLK Day

I love holidays or days off school when we can get out and do something without having to worry about getting John ready for school and hopefully soon James. We were going to do something with my sister but I thought the kids might enjoy the mall rather going downtown to a museum. I was right. It was perfect as we got there before the mall was open so we would have the play area to ourselves - which we essentially did. The boys had some Christmas money I knew they would want to spend at the Disney Store buying new cars. John was very excited when he saw the stores opening up. After we got everything packed up we went to a few stores before Disney. The boys found the perfect Cars cars of their choice within their budget. We had lunch, walked around some more and then came home with our treasures. Some fighting soon took over but we were saved by nap time!

I'm happy to report we kicked the stomach flu bug. John and James are sneezing the last couple days but I think we can handle that. I found out when more than one child is sick it is hard to be the mom. Thank goodness it was only 2 kids who got sick.

The child formally known as Tommy has turned into "Screaming my head off Tommy". It started Friday night. I thought he was doing that because Patrick's temper tantrum got him riled up but it has continued. Apparently this is his way of being heard above the other boys noise.. He likes to do it at nap or bed time. It is the worst shrieking noise I have ever heard. I really hope he grows out of it soon but I'm not sure that is going to happen. One of his front teeth looks like it might be getting ready to break through. Maybe this is his way to share the pain - it is making my ears hurt. I can't get over how it seems as if the kid is sleeping but you walk away from the room and he is up like you left him there eyes wide open.

Patrick has had his normal two year old tantrums lately. Can't wait until we get past this stage.

Next weekend is an Open House at the preschool John went too. I need to go because I want to get the paperwork should the Miracle of Willowick take place. I mentioned to James yesterday about the Open House and he gave me an evil-Grinch-like smile look that made me believe there is no way in hell that is happening. He then proceeded to tell me his school is not in Willowick but in Ohio. I'm thoroughly convinced he knows what he needs to do but apparently is nervous about leaving me and going to find a life for himself. I asked him today about t-ball. He said t-ball is not for him as he is going to play for the Captains. Yesterday I think he might have been buying into the fun of coloring, pasting, cutting and having parties. Time will tell.

If John doesn't become a priest, become a major league baseball player or whatever else he wants to become - he should become the guy on the weather radio station that gives the weather report. The way he reads the weather in the newspaper reminds me of that guy. It is a perfect monotone voice. Last week at school he made up a little book about Barack Obama. The last page asked "What do you want to ask the next president?" John's reply when asked "I want to know where he got his money".

Saturday morning - Patrick and Tommy are up first - Tommy has decided before 5:30 is a good time to get up some days. John and then James come down at a more reasonable hour. Patrick greets John by saying "Hi Johnny". He kept repeating it which made me believe he was also addressing James - but he can't say James yet. James still not fully awake says "My name is not Johnny it's James!" I did everything I could not to laugh out loud.

I should get back to the fun of making sure Tommy isn't eating anything that he is not supposed too!

No comments: