Thursday, July 2, 2009

Rain go away!

Summer was cruising along and going well but the rain, pardon the pund, has put a real damper on things. I think because we are not getting out often the kids are getting on each others nerves - not to mention mine! They are generally touching each other way to much not to mention their short tempers lead to flying objects. Time outs are in full swing but I don't think that is doing much good. The stress of it all is going to my back. It has been getting worse so I finally went to the chiropractor this morning. I wasn't that far out of alignment but the electric current they put on my back massages it enough to start to relax the muscle. I feel so much better already. I'm going to go back on Monday so he can finish making sure its aligned. I know I don't always bend at the knees but I have been consciously trying to do that lately.

I'm hoping we get tonight's scheduled t-ball game in. We already have 2 rainout make ups next week and John has a season ending tournment game on Monday and if they win (which I don't think they will) they play on Wednesday. I'm hoping Tuesday stays open as I have a hair appointment scheduled. I don't need a major cut but a trim would really help - not to mention a little time away!

I'm looking forward to the 4th of July. I'm hoping for a relaxing day with the kids. It would be nice if we see fireworks with them but I'm not sure if I'm up for loading sleeping kids into the car to see them. I told the older two they can stay up late - we'll see how my patience is doing when its 8:30.

I can't believe the boys wanted to go to swim lessons yesterday and today with the chillier temps. I was ok with them missing but they said they wanted to go. Luckily the pool heater was on so it kept them comfortable until they got out! Today was worse than yesterday.

Ok - I'm off to motivate the children to clean up the basement and then we all get a reward!

No comments: