Thursday, July 23, 2009

Time is flying

I can't believe how fast this month and particularly this week has gone. It has been nice to have life after baseball and t-ball. This week the boys (John and James) started practice for Willowick's Swim Show. They do a little dance in and out of the water. It is really neat when it all comes together. I'm hoping Patrick and Tommy will behave the night of the show as it is a LONG wait before it starts. I guess if the snacks keep coming there are no worries.

John is continuing to do well with swimming. His teacher told me on Tuesday that if he keeps swimming like he has in this level (a whole 1 1/2 weeks) he will move up again! As well as he is doing I think it won't be until next year. I think he has to swim half the pool without stopping and I don't think he has the endurance just yet.

Meanwhile in Level 1, James continues to entertain his teacher and the other lifeguards. I had his teacher ask James to do his "fancy dance" which they loved. Then on Tuesday out of nowhere he does an air guitar and sings "Life is a Highway" from Cars. They were rolling! Yesterday he was singing "Highway Patrol" which I'm sure they never heard of.

Today while we were at our weekly trip to Target, I bought the boys their bookbags for school. James was really excited and Patrick really wanted one. We picked up a few supplies. I'm in no rush - I would like to have James' list and take care of them both at the same time. I hope the zippers on the bags hold out. John's one zipper fell apart the 2nd week of school.

I don't know why but Patrick and Tommy enjoy to go around shirtless. Anytime John and James have their shirts off because of swimming they are looking to take theirs off as well. Once they do get them off they pound their belly's and squeal (Tommy is more of the squealer)

I was so bummed last night Tommy's fake crocs strap broke. I knew Target which is where I got them didn't have many left so I just took him to Payless hoping their "Summer Sale" was really good. Apparently that didn't apply to sandals yet. Oh well I hope this pair lasts through the next month. I'm also hoping no one else's sandals have a blow out.

We had a great time in Pennsylvania last week. We hiked a lot and the weather cooperated. This was the first time we had the EZ Pass for the PA turnpike. I hope Ohio goes to that system soon - it made traveling so much easier!

No comments: