Thursday, July 9, 2009

The end is near

Baseball season is over and after tonight t-ball will be over too. I survived the roller coaster ride of two kids in two different leagues with games on the same night either at the same time or back to back. We have been going in sports since late March. John and James decided not to sign up for soccer this fall. I think John is a bit burned out and James wasn't putting in that much effort so it doesn't break my heart. I'm hoping John will want to sign up for basketball. From what I understand they practice and have the games on the same day so its not an all week thing.

We are at the half way point in swimming lessons. John has passed to the 2+ level which means he now can do a front and back float and I think he will start to learn how to do a stroke. James is still doing really good for being his first year. He seems to really enjoy himself. I thinking Patrick is getting the itch to be like the boys and get in the pool however he needs to be potty trained. Sometimes he tells me and sometimes not so much. I've learned not to be in a rush with potty training - I will just keep buying the pullups!

I'm looking forward to going on a mini-vacation to my parents at the end of next week. It will be nice to get away for awhile.

Lori took the boys to the pool this afternoon. They really enjoy it. I can't wait until we all can go! I know James is going to be tired. I let him take a mini nap until 5pm and then I will spend the half hour waking him up.

No comments: