Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Circus

The Circus came to town yesterday. All summer it has been cool and comfortable. Well the Circus came to town and it was hot and humid. The good news it was overcast most of the day so it could have been much worse. Before swim lesson the boys and I took a pit stop at the park where the circus was being held to see what we could see as far as the set up. We didn't see much as usual but after lessons when we went back we were able to see the elephants, tigers, horses and ponies. Matt took a half day off to join us at the 4:30 show. The show is about 2 hours with a intermission so going to the 7:30 show was out of the question. The circus people like to charge $4 each for a box of popcorn and pop so I brought my own. When we arrived we always look to sit at the top of the bleachers so we have a "back" and they usually hike up the tent so we can also get any cool breeze that might come our way. The first set of bleachers was pretty packed so we went to the second set and found a seat. We should have kept going because the 2nd set was a little different from all the rest because it was much steeper and not much leg room. I had Tommy on my lap while Matt had Patrick at times with John and James in the middle. The show starts and the clowns come out and Tommy is starting to cry. I think he was startled by the noise and how loud the music and announcer was but after I opened a bag of cheetos for him he settled down. Patrick apparently at some point I think near the intermission wanted to leave. I think he was hot and hungry and maybe a little bored. It got worse for Patrick as intermission was over and the circus began again as he was crying and voicing his displeasure very loudly. Unfortunately we were well trapped in the bleachers and I didn't want to make everyone move so he and I (and of course Tommy would have to come to) could leave. Luckily the show after the intermission wasn't very long and we were off to grab some fast food for dinner. The best part of the circus for me was in the beginning. The man is balancing on boards high up after he finishes James tells us that he is doing his fancy dance!!

And finally - yesterday I bought two books at the Dollar Store for John - one was a book about Presidents and the other was about the World. The World book shows the different contienents and countries. It talks about the language spoken and how many people live on it. John asked me this morning if Santa lived in the Artic. I said yes. John replied well the book said no people live there and Santa is a people. I said well they must be misinformed.

No comments: