Monday, March 30, 2009

Birthday fun

We had a lot of fun for my birthday last week. The homemade ice cream cake was very delicious and the Outdoor Challenge game for Wii is a lot of fun. It is a great form of exercise if only I find time to do it once a day I could actually start dropping some weight!

Matt was really sick last weekend. The boys cold at the beginning of the month caught up with him. Now he is feeling better and the boys are sneezing and coughing (not covering their mouths) once again. We still managed to get outside last week when the weather was nice (and not so nice for soccer practice). I had the boys playing in the backyard as the ground was pretty dry. James made a comment that it felt like we were playing in our very own park!

I have been recording Ace of Cakes on Thursday nights. The boys and I have really enjoyed watching that show. Now that John's birthday is around the corner the kid has a big imagination as to what he wants his cake to look like thanks to the show. He decided he wants a baseball themed cake (he has this every year and I think its cute). Today he was telling me how the cake needs to have a scoreboard. I made him sit down and draw what he thought this cake might look like - hoping he would not include stands for the fans. Luckily it did not. I found a new fondant recipe online and was thinking about using it but I am not sure if I can find all the ingredients in the regular grocery store because it is not everyday that I look for unflavored gelatin mix. I think I'm up for this challenge and then I think - when in the heck am I going to work on this? I'm also wondering when we are going to cut into the cake. John and James have their first soccer game on his birthday. Game time is at 6pm. Normally we would celebrate that evening but I'm thinking we will have to sing and eat cake on Monday because they also have a game on Wednesday. I hate to wait until Thursday or Friday until my parents (who may or may not be coming for Easter) arrive. He will definitely get his present on his birthday. I'm sure this will new Wii baseball game will be really fun after Matt plays it a few times and shows him how it works. Lucky for me James wants to have a Wiggles themed cake - just like last year. I'm going to have to think of something new for him and within my skill level!

No comments: