Friday, March 13, 2009

John has a lot on his mind

Lately John has been talking about death a lot. I'm not sure if Lent has something to do with it or not. He wants to know if you have to brush your teeth in heaven. He wants to know who I'm going to speak with when I get there. Apparently John Quincy Adams and Abraham Lincoln are high on his list. He sometimes says he wants to go there to find out. I told him I hope he doesn't because I want him to have a long and wonderful life.

John also asked me this evening if I liked the house we live in. I said yes don't you? He said no. I said what is your problem with it? He said its not like a Japan House. Not sure what that means or where that came from. I think this is where the comment came in "I'm losing my mind - it is so tired". No kidding you are overthinking things way to much!

The kids had cabin fever bad enough that they asked me to go outside after dinner. Apparently John didn't have today's weather by the hour memorized because he didn't say anything about it being cold until we went outside. We lasted maybe 10 minutes. John and James got a few swings in, Patrick had a few laps around the driveway, and Tommy walked around the driveway and backyard. What was nice about today was there wasn't that much mud so if the kids did go in the yard it wasn't much of a problem.

Oh - and the most funniest thing this week happened yesterday. I sent John and James to use the bathroom - I forget why but they both did as I asked. I got distracted by Patrick and Thomas and after a few minutes I'm thinking how long does it take two boys to relieve themselves standing up? Well John decided he had other business to attend to and James decided to stay and keep him company. I found them both reviewing the latest Target toy catalog that came in the mail. A few times I got lucky this week and Patrick pooped in the potty.

I'm hoping Tommy doesn't pick up every bad habit that Patrick shows him. Patrick likes to stand on toys so he can plant himself right in front of the TV in our living room. Tommy has quickly learned this trick. Patrick likes to wake up early (I'm talking 5:30am) Tommy for the past two days has been up between 5:35 and 5:45 - way too early for him. Yesterday I took the kids to the store so he could have about a 5 minute nap in the car. Today he started his nap around 12:30. He would have gone to 4pm but Patrick again woke him up.

No comments: