Tuesday, April 7, 2009

John's Birthday (and the mystery party)

I think John had a good day today. We started the celebration last night with cake in case John and James had a soccer game but the weather was bad enough that it was canceled. John was cute last night letting me know where to put all the presents like it was Christmas or something. He also was telling me how early he was going to wake up. I highly encouraged him to sleep in so he could have an enjoyable day without being too tired. James and Tommy were up at 5:30 and John soon there after. John was very happy about his Wii game, Backyard Baseball. He let me play it - I guess so he could see how you play it. I was awful and he caught on very quickly with the help of a few pointers from me reading the manual.

Tonight we had more cake and he wanted to play more of the Wii game. So I sent the kids down with Matt so I could clean up all the cake crumbs. Tommy was having separation issues so after I vacuumed I took a quick shower. While I was in there the boy down the street knocked on the door with his mother asking what time she should pick him up. Apparently John was talking about celebrating his birthday today while at the bus stop and this is where it gets gray - either John invited him over at 7 or the kid invited himself over - which he has done before. The other boy who waits for the bus didn't come over so who the heck knows what happened. The boy brought John a gift. I feel so bad the mother went out to get him a gift. I called to apologize for the misunderstanding. She said she was surprised that I didn't say anything to her but thought maybe now the kids are getting older that John wanted to do the inviting. I told her if we are having a party we would be sure to send out invitations. We instructed John if anyone asks if he is having a party it is ok to say with my family or I have to ask my mom. This is when my saying comes in "sometimes you just have to laugh" although its tough because I'm embarrassed.

No comments: