Thursday, March 5, 2009

James' First Day of School (sort of)

Well James had a great first day of school. He is in a class with two other girls. The girls are daughters of friends from high school. I was hoping the class would let James be more independent but the teacher didn't have a problem with my clan being in there. She even let them participate. Of course John enjoyed it and I think Patrick did too. James really had a good time. They colored a picture, did an art project, then talked about patterns, colors and counting, and had a matching game. The teacher had planned a story as well but they ran out of time. All that school wore Tommy out. He was out on the way home. After I got him out of his coat and shoes off I put him in the high chair because I was getting lunch together - he still was sleeping! After I wrestled Patrick into the house I decided that the boy could no longer nap because that would screw up my work time. I'm glad I pre-planned lunch and had it ready to go. Sometimes getting everyone from the car to the house and into the house can be a challenge. At least it is only once a week. I think I will sign James up for April and May. Hopefully the other girls will be in the class so there is enough to hold the class. I think they have to have 2 kids to hold the class. Patrick isn't old enough - he needs to be 2 1/2. Hopefully as the weather warms up we can pack a lunch and eat at the park and either come home or drop John off at school.

No comments: