Wednesday, March 19, 2008

This and that

Lots going on since I have last blogged - I guess that is the proper term. Well we are now the proud owners of a Wii game. My sister got one for her kids at Christmas and introduced it to my children when Tom was born. That is all they have been talking about. What I like about this game system is that the kids are not just in front of the TV pushing buttons they are actually doing something. Matt and I have been discussing when do we get it and give it to the kids. I was thinking more like Christmas so we had time to purchase one and all the little things you need to go with it. Well Toys R Us had some a couple of weeks ago but with the snowstorm we didn't get there. That same weekend Kmart advertised some - again we didn't get there. Well Target them advertised this weekend and then I think it was Matt with the brilliant plan - why don't you get it for your birthday - which was a week away. This was perfect because the kids and I could benefit from this cool toy. Now when Christmas comes they each can get something from Santa and life will be grand. I know John will be excited as all get out. I can already hear him next week if we are not playing Wii he will be asking to play.

Yesterday I got the kids out to the mall. The cabin fever has been getting to us all. I'm just tired of all the cold and wet weather going on. We need some warmer temperatures fast - I'm just talking mid 40's - nothing too crazy! The kids were really good. They had fun in the play area until a play group showed up then John and James were ready to do something else. We even got to shop a few stores.

Today was John's Easter party. Apparently none of the parents signed up to be room parents. I thought someone had but they didn't. That is a shame. I hope they had fun anyways. They sure came home with enough candy. I don't know if they had any good treats for snack time. I don't think they were asking the parents to send any in.

Tomorrow we are going to make my birthday cake and color Easter Eggs. I think Friday I might take them to the store to get some ingredients to make an egg strata to take to Grandma's house on Saturday. I was hoping to cook out a few steaks for my birthday on Sunday but I guess I will make my new favorite pizza - philly cheesesteak for me and Matt and the kids can have the traditional plain. Nothing says Easter like pizza and candy! I'm just not into cooking a ham and all the fixings for me and Matt. A bit lazy on my part. I need to start thinking about what to make for dinner next week. Maybe we'll have a few slices of ham and potatoes.

Checked into getting a job at Chick-fil-a. Looks like they should be posting a sign in a couple of weeks that tells me when they will be interviewing. I just pray that if I get the job that I can find someone good and reliable to watch the kids for a couple of hours until Matt gets home. I don't even know what I should offer this person. Maybe I should do some research. This is where I need lots and lots of prayers that this works out. I feel like I will be pulling off a miracle to find someone and to land the job as well.

No comments: