Thursday, March 13, 2008

Quotes of the day!

This morning started out a little rough as Tom decided 4:30 was a good time to eat. Usually not a problem but he had several bowel movements while feeding and that leads to a new diaper and it wakes the baby up and before you know it you are headed back to bed with only 10 minutes before your alarm is to go off. To make matters worse Patrick was fussing. I think it was the case of the missing pacifier. Luckily Dad was willing to save him.

So I got the courage after our Target visit went so well that I could take everyone to BJ's. With the weather forecast to be warmer, I thought today was a good day. I was right as the boys were very good through the store. When we got to the checkout area James spots the Ohio Lottery Instant Ticket machine and says "Mommy - Ohio Lottery!" as the cashier is looking at me for an explanation. Um - yes we enjoy watching the Lottery show on Saturday nights. Ok does that make us weird or does the pretend game hanging in our basement do us in?

We make it home - I even get the diapers and other items in the house - this is how good the day was going - it helped two boys were sleeping in the car and the other two are used to hanging out while I run stuff in before they get out. We fed our kitchen ants the crumbs from our blueberry and chocolate chip muffins we had for a snack when we got home.

Fast forward - all the boys but John is down for a nap. I finish folding a load of laundry and John says "Mom when you lay down I will lay down on Dad's side because all that shopping made me sleepy!" I thought I was going to fall over - the kid who never naps says he is tired because we walked around BJ's for a whole 1/2 hour! Well I got to lay down and he did too but I don't think he slept like I did. I can't believe he hasn't asked me to watch TV yet during this "quiet" time!

I wonder what else will be said today that will make me laugh.

No comments: