Friday, August 28, 2009

Back to school

John has had a great first week of school. He has behaved well, mustered up enough courage to buy milk, lost his second tooth and looks cute on the school bus. The first day of school he went without milk because he wouldn't go in line. The 2nd day I had him buy a milk pass and he has bought milk everyday. Today he told me he bought milk but didn't drink it because no one came over to help him open it - ugh! Apparently you raise your hand for help and no one responded to his request. I guess kids don't think to go over to a teacher to get her attention.

It has been challenging for me to fit in homework in our afternoon schedule. The little boys are an issue that we are slowly dealing with. The weekend gives us a little more time so we shouldn't be too challenged. Next week they have a full week of school. I hope he continues to enjoy it.

James starts preschool next week. Wednesday is a drop off your supplies and Friday is the real deal. I asked him what he is looking forward to - he said snacks from me, learning to write his name. He said he wasn't afraid of anything right now so hopefully it stays that way.

Dear God - please let Patrick sleep in tomorrow - this getting up before 5:30 is a bit much - especially when I am PMSing!!

No comments: