Sunday, August 2, 2009

New month, new look


John's discovered on Friday afternoon that he had a loose tooth. He literally jumped up from the couch and yelled "I have a loose tooth". When he actually let me touch it I was a believer. We then discovered both of his front bottom two are loose but one more so than the other. He proceeded to wiggle it all weekend long with his tongue. When he woke up this morning came down and hung out on the couch like he normally does. Then I think he went to wiggle his tooth when he said "wait a minute something is weird" I looked and he lost his tooth! I thought it might of just happened and I asked him where his tooth was and he said he didn't know. He then proceeded to cry because I think he thought he needed to have a tooth under the pillow to have the tooth fairy come. I let him know that it doesn't matter if he doesn't have his tooth - the tooth fairy always knows when a tooth is lost. I think he must have swallowed it at one point. I went upstairs to feel around for it in his bed but couldn't find it. You can see the next tooth coming in so I'm sure it just pushed the baby tooth right out! He is so cute because his "s" sounds are funny!

The boys had their last practice for the swim show this morning. I think John is ready. James knows the moves but there might be a question if he actually does them. James will definitely have to take a nap on Tuesday. He took a good one yesterday and was able to stay up until 9pm. I think he could have lasted longer but I was ready for the kids to be in bed! James' teacher told me on Friday that James' "Fancy Dance" will be featured in the beginning of the Lifeguard dance. She said they might include James as well. I said be ready with bribes!! John also got good news on Friday. He has passed another level in swimming. They are holding him back until next year as there is only one week of lessons left. I think that is wise to give him that extra practice with everything.

Matt's birthday is still 2 weeks away but I couldn't help but give him his present early. With the boys performance Tuesday night I decided to get him the Flip video camera he had been eyeing. It was on sale at Best Buy. It is a small HD video camera - it is the size of a cell phone. It takes great video and is easy to use. Hopefully there will be enough light to see the boys!

No comments: