Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Water Show

The Water Show was fantastic! The pool is celebrating its 40th Birthday so the show was around Manry Pool's history and memories. James and John cooperated when I asked them to rest in the afternoon. John laid down for an hour and James eventually took a 2 hour nap. We arrived at 7:30 because the boys needed to be there by 8pm and we wanted to get in line so we could have a choice of seats when they opened the gates. We are so lucky my friend Kristen watched Tommy and Patrick - I could not have imagined how much less I would have enjoyed it because I was tending to them. The show finally began as they paraded all the participants out around the pool. John looked to be enjoying himself and James was all business. When it was time for the boys to perform again - John having fun and actually dancing - James was half dancing. Then they jump into the water and it is cold. John was so good to James to make sure he grabbed his hand to form their circle and you could tell at that point James as not liking the cold water. They got through their routine very nicely - then hopefully they hurried back to their towels to warm up. The participants were behind a curtain where we could not see them. The lifeguard performances were very entertaining. My side hurt from laughing so hard. Then came the guard dance where James was to be featured. The one guard brought him out and he was just standing there near the steps of the shallow end looking a little chilly patiently waiting. They finally made it over as they lined up on the side of the pool they took him on the side further from where we were sitting. And then it was time - and James began to shake his booty! He did a great job. Then came the closing parade where everyone paraded around again. James at this point looked like his eyes were going to bug out because the poor guy was beat. The boys then patiently waited for us to get them from "behind the stage". We got to our car and it was 10:40pm. The boys slept in until 7:30 and luckily for me have been very pleasant. It has been the other two that have had their moments today! Here is James' dance with the guards - sorry I was yelling during the performance - I was excited for him. Matt apologizes for capturing more feet than people - I think he was laughing and I may have hit him in the excitement :-) I think James is done with his fancy dance for now. I think we need to give it a rest and maybe in a couple weeks he might just do it again!


1 comment:

Matthew K said...

Yes - laughing that hard made it difficult to find the little guy in the viewfinder. If I had not been an RTVF major, it would have been even worse.

By the way, James DID do the fancy dance for me tonight. It was preceded by a somersault.