Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Back to school shopping

So today I decided since it was going to be hot and muggy again - with a chance of rain we would head to the mall to do some back to school shopping for John. We started out in the play area. Luckily no one was there so the boys could climb and jump around everything. I was impressed at Tommy for being suck a daredevil. Then James decided he need to go to the bathroom. I rounded everybody up got their shoes on and off to find a close bathroom. Apparently James doesn't like using a public restroom to take care of business because after a few minutes on the potty he decided he did not have to go. Patrick used the bathroom so it made the trip worthwhile.

Today I decided to experiment with having just Tommy in a stroller. I promised a friend she could have my really really good double stroller after the summer because Patrick will soon be 3 I figured we wouldn't have much use for it soon. Patrick did really well even in the stores like Disney and the Indians team shop where there is a lot of fun things to look at. I think his challenge now is to walk and look at the same time. My challenge as I have figured out is to keep Tommy from pulling off the tags from the merchandise. I have another sit and stand stroller if I need one in a pinch.

I always tell the boys to "look with their eyes and not with their hands". Today Patrick took those words to heart. At the our last stop, the shoe store, we were waiting in line to purchase John and James new shoes. He decided he needed to look at the jewelry stand that was near the cash register. Instead of touching with his hands he put his face 2 inches away from the jewelry. I had to laugh because he just kept doing it over and over.

I'm taking a gamble and spending a few more dollars than I like to for jeans for John this fall. I'm hoping they will make it to Patrick without getting holes in the knees. Wish me luck!

On Sunday I took John and James to the city pool. I bribed John with baseball cards to go down the slide. I knew he could do it and that he should have no fear about getting from the middle of the pool to the side where the ladder was. He did it not once but twice. Today I made good on my bribe and bought him cards. He was like a kid at Christmas when going through the names. I bought a 2 pack and I think the one pack I had already bought him. The good news is he got Ryan Howard.

No comments: