Friday, September 4, 2009

Back to school part 2

Well today was James' 1st day of preschool. He did very well walking in without a fuss. I think he knew in his mind he is ready and excited about getting to do big boy stuff. I felt bad for the first time kids and parents who had a tougher time. I had the video camera on but forgot to hit record on the way in so I got some footage of James by his locker. It would help if he grew another inch or two so you can tell it is him! I did get video of him coming out - although I have yet to watch it! His favorite part was playing on the playground and snack! No surprise there! Patrick kept asking when was John coming home - I said don't you mean James??

Patrick was ready to walk in to school too when the doors were open. He is mentally ready - just not physically. Although at times he is good at potty training and other times he doesn't say anything.

John continues to do well in school. He is reading really well at night. I'm glad the teacher sends home a note weekly with what they did in school. I didn't realize I was supposed to be going over math with him - adding 0's and 1's. That is another thing we will need to squeeze in. Maybe after dinner while the kids are playing he will want to go over it. I feel bad because I know he needs time to run around too but we need to review this stuff. It will help once the weather starts getting colder. We had to brainstorm yesterday for his writing unit. For every subject he had to come up with 3 ideas. Most of them he did come up with. The subject "Pets" was a little tricky seeing we do don't have any. I think what is ironic the only pets names we came up with is for Dogs and John isn't one to go pet a dog! I like Sad Times - his first thoughts - when you yell at me for which I rephrased - when I get in trouble!

I just realized last night that Tommy has had something happen to him at least once a week. Three weeks ago it was his bloody lip, last week the bee sting and umbrella to the face courtesy of Patrick. This week we had 2 falls in the same morning. The 2nd fall left a really nice goose bump on his head. It is slowly going down now. Of course he has his scrapes too from falling on bricks that line our flower beds and a bloody nose. The youngsters latest thing is to climb the fence and the banister for the steps on the porch. Matt calls him a daredevil - I call him trying to keep up! The poor kid last night woke up screaming and just rubbing his back didn't settle him so I picked him up until he stopped and then laid him back down. He was fine and then it started all over again. Matt tried to comfort him as well. When I heard him breathing hard I got back out of bed. We gave him some goldfish pretzels (as his peanut butter sandwich for lunch and supper became an option for him) and some water. After that he fell back to sleep. He is getting more molars but it really seemed like a nightmare to me. Matt said he was ok with Matt being in the room with him but once Matt tried to leave he started to cry hard.

The younger boys enjoy waving to every bus that goes by our house. Sometimes they even wave to people on motorcycles. I'm glad they wave back.

No comments: