Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Taking the plunge into becoming a SAHM

Today I informed my boss at Pfizer that I would not be coming back. I think he knew in the back of his mind that would happen but he was and is being generous at giving me the opportunity to stay with the company whatever way that works best for me. He was even was willing to let me work just 2 days. The temp they hired for my maternity leave is about to get a position within Pfizer out of another sales office. My boss is about to start a special project so he will be left with no support. He could lean on another person in the office but like I said he is being very generous. He is going to talk to his boss about letting me work essentially one day a week from home but the assignment will be flexible enough that I could do it when it fits in my schedule. We will see how that works out. Now in the mean time I'm figuring out what we need to do to get on Matt's insurance and when my last day should be at Pfizer for our health benefits sake.

As this whole scenario is going down with my boss, the kids got up from nap, we ate dinner and John's friend called to see if he could go over his house to play. This is where the fun and craziness comes in. I have John watching for his friend's dad's car, James in the bathroom - making him use the bathroom because he made the little plane on the pull up disappear, Patrick outside the bathroom in the hallway flipping the light on and off and Tommy fussing in the highchair because I'm sure he would rather be held at this point then sitting in the highchair. John's friend comes - I get him in the car. I'm out of the house maybe 3 minutes. Tommy is almost putting himself to sleep, Patrick and James in the bathroom together. Patrick has the potty chair that sits on top of the toilet and he is jamming it in and out of the water with James watching. I really wanted to scream but I remained calm and got them the hell out of there and got it cleaned up. I was thinking tonight as I was giving them a bath and remembering this incident that I wish them to have girls and boys (more girls than boys) because I would want them to be paid back with all the gross stuff they put me through. Then I thought maybe not because their poor wife would probably have to deal with it. It is amazing I'm sitting here and not having an alcoholic drink in my hand while I type. Hopefully I will get my fill when I visit my mom this weekend.

James was sad that John left. He was crying when we were getting in the car to run errands. I said what are you going to do when he goes to school? Of course this is when I mentioned - if you were potty trained at this point you could be going to school too - but I think this is where he tunes me out. Lovely. However, Patrick is loving the fact he gets to sit on the potty chair. I have him sitting on the potty just as many times I have James going to the bathroom. Patrick's final teeth are almost more than just spikes. Then its bye bye binky. I'm sure he will try and take Tommy's more.

No comments: