Monday, July 7, 2008

Hot and fun

We had a great Monday. After John's swim lessons for a change of pace I took the kids to the park at Manry where John has his swim lessons. After that we dropped off library books and headed to Dudley Park. This time I was prepared with my camera so I can get more "about our town" photos to submit to STO. The kids played on the playground while I fed Tommy. We then ate lunch and changed for the Splash Park. It was so humid I was dying to get a little wet which was hard to do with me carrying around Tommy. The kids did cooperate for a few photos. I was pretty beat as was Patrick and Tommy by the time we got home. John and James were not and not much later after we got home Tommy woke up. I kind of snoozed while holding Tommy. Unfortunately John and James took a nap much later - like almost 3pm and then they were very hard to get up when dinner was ready. Patrick on the other hand was up early but he also fell asleep early so it wasn't a win-win situation for Mom. Oh yea- Tommy took the late 4pm-6pm nap just for fun.

At dinner as John and James have their head down while I was patting their heads and tickling them trying to get them to wake up. Well Patrick thought that looked fun so he kept patting John on the head. I was amused as it helped me out.

I forget what happened but Patrick did something that earned him a timeout. He knew what that meant and he marched right over to the time out corner. Beautiful - you get the concept now you will be seeing a lot more time there! Also he keeps throwing the kids shoes off the steps - I guess just for fun but it annoys the hell out of me - anyways I yelled at him and then with his head down crying he picked up the shoes one by one and slammed them back on the steps.

Before bed the kids were playing and James was behind me. Matt said "James give Mommy a massage" So he put his hand on my back just right about where my bra was - I was actually waiting for him to snap it!

John says to James tonight "What do you want to do tomorrow?" Good question. It is going to be hot. Maybe a trip to the mall - we'll have to see. I enjoy hanging outside but I don't think I can get John to agree to the splash park again. The chlorine has apparently been high in the pool and splash park so John's eyes have been burning. Who knows - my back has been good again today - I think being in the warm weather has helped - so we shall see.

No comments: