Sunday, July 6, 2008

Great holiday weekend!

The weekend was fantastic both weather wise and time spent with the family. On Friday we went to the Zoo. The kids enjoyed it a lot. They were pretty worn out by the time we got to the car and home. Saturday was normal with shopping, church and visiting Matt's parents. Today we had a picnic at Dudley Park and played at the playground and splash park. We saw John's swimming lesson instructor and she said he is getting very close to doing the front float and his ball float is getting better as he is hold his breath longer.

The kids were pretty worn out again tonight with baseball being played on and off all weekend. We were sending John to time out when James went to the "time out" corner. Matt said James you aren't in time out. He replied "yes dad, I'm bad". Matt and I were in tears. Thursday night Matt and I were watching TV, enjoying some adult beverages and special philly cheese dip that I made. Not long after the boys were sent to bed John and James came down the stairs letting us know that they were aware we were having a "festival". They happily made themselves at home in their chairs in the living room looking for something to drink. We kindly gave them a small sip of water and sent them back upstairs.

The only bummer thing of the weekend is that my back is still bothering me. It was fantastic before I sat down to the computer tonight but I'm sure I be very sore in the morning again. I wish I knew when I will be pain free again. I want to be back to normal as soon as possible. Well I better get the clothes out of the dryer.

No comments: