Monday, July 21, 2008

Not bad for a Monday

We had a pretty good but hot weekend. Saturday night Matt and I went out. My brother in law, Paul, was having an opening of his photos at a local hair salon that displays artists pictures. Matt and I started out at our favorite Irish pub - Mick's, then we went to the art gallery, off to another bar, the bank for more money and then our last bar - Rumpus Room and home. It was so nice and relaxing to be out. I needed that so much that I can't wait to do it again. The only downer, which I knew would happen, is the kids get up early. I swear they wake up to make sure you are still there.

The boys got there haircut on Saturday. Matt took Patrick back to the chair and asked if I wanted the top short I said yes - but not thinking that meant butch. Patrick looks nice but I would have liked to kept it a longer for more of the summer.



Then after we got home he was playing in the living room and fell and hit is eye on one of the kid chairs. He scratched his eyelid pretty good and got a bump below his eye. I took him to the doctor - I'm glad I thought to call our pediatrician rather than the ER. It was not as expensive of a trip and just as fast.

Yesterday was pretty uneventful. It rained hard late in the morning and everyone was still catching up from the night out. We took the kids to the park for the concert. I liked this band the best. Matt said it reminded him of a "Stevens Family Reunion" (which is my Mom's side). It was very true - a nice mix of oldies, patriotic and polkas. We stayed for almost the whole concert (which ended at 8:30). It took a while for the kids to wind down even after they were in bed. It really made for a nice morning as they slept in and were in a pretty good mood until after swimming lessons. I think the heat was getting to them but we packed up a lunch and headed to the Splash Park which has cooled them off.

My back is about 90-95% healed. I was able to wash my hair in our utility sink which is a huge plus! I went to the chiropractor today and will go back in about 2 weeks. I think I will be able to make it but I always have the security of making an appointment.

I hope the rest of the day is a good one. John and James are playing Wii now so hopefully they won't be grouchy when I tell them turn it off.

No comments: