Friday, April 24, 2009

We made it to Friday!

Well this was a pretty good week. The kids were good at times and they were kids at times.

The Pokemon Mystery-
One of John's friends gave him Pokemon cards awhile ago. Then this week another friend and John traded Pokemon cards. Well on Tuesday I was looking at them and then my sister in law came to watch the kids so I could go to the dentist. The next day John was looking for his cards. I plead ignorant and say I don't know what you did with him. We looked all week but couldn't find them. Fast forward to today - laundry day. The wash just finished the permanent press clothes and I found the Pokemon cards. Apparently I put them in my jeans pocket for safe keeping. Oops. The funny thing was I was feeling kind of guilty about not finding them but then I saw they cost $3.99 a pack at Target! It is $15 a case - which I think is a way better deal but I was thinking there was no way I was going to buy them just because. Now I might have to purchase a case and hide some of the packets and give them out as rewards.

Team Mom -
For some reason I felt guilty and sorry for the coach that no one had stepped up to be team mom for John's baseball team so I volunteered. I also came up with the idea of the teams basket for the raffle. I thought we could take advantage of the Lake County Captains 4 for $44 ticket deal and this year you can purchase parking in the gold lot right outside the stadium. The coach loved the idea. I have a connection is the Captains that could get me the tickets for free if I write a note. Now my dilemma is do I get the free tickets and then use the money for Captains cash to spend at the game or just get the $5 per family and buy the tickets and parking. I'm still thinking.

James was player of the game at soccer last night! He was so cute when the coach announced it was him he put his fist in his air and waved it a little. It was so cute! I wish I could have got a picture of it. The coach forgot the certificate but hopefully he will remember on Saturday at our next game.

John was warming up playing catch with the head coach's son. Apparently a ball went off of John's glove and it hit him in the eye. I wasn't watching at this point and was like oh dear. My sister and another mom said they would watch the boys so I could check on John. I was a little afraid because I don't want to be overprotective - like if you kid is on the football field and takes a big hit. I reluctantly went on the field but me just talking to him helped calm him down. He then was a little gun shy about any ball thrown or coming towards him. I told him its ok its part of the game. Right now his eye isn't too bruised when you look at it but he says and I believe him that it hurts if he squints to hard.

Ok I just wrote the letter and emailed it to my friend with the Captains. I think I will just give everyone's money back, put $5 in the basket for parking and then I'm only out $7.30 for the basket and ribbon. I know it may help a lot of families who's budget is tight like ours. Speaking of the basket - Pat Catan's was the last stop on our tour of errands this morning. So I found a cute little red, white and blue basket, styrofoam filler, a special made baseball ribbon to tie on the basket and plastic thingys to hold the tickets. So there was a line about 3 or 4 people and I was going to be last in line when the one worker said I can take the next person in line. I hurriedly made James move so I could turn the stroller around and get to the service counter. There was another lady coming over too as she was just ahead of me in the other line. She was a bit shocked that I went in front of her - she even said "that lady cut in front of me". I said a prayer of thanks for her letting me cut in line. I had to get out of that store I was waiting for James to say "I have to pee" and Patrick was already saying that. It was almost 10:30 and we needed to get home to get lunch on the table. For the record she was older (senior citizen) and I'm thinking she didn't have a tight schedule like me.

Poor Tommy fell while we were waiting for the bus. At first when he fell I thought he scraped his knee a bit. So I was comforting him and he continued to cry on my shoulder. Then I pulled him back and realized he was bleeding from his nose. After I got that all cleaned up he looks like he lost a boxing match. His nose is scratched up and so is his upper lip.

Ok the Pokemon free laundry is done in the dryer - time to skiddaddle!

No comments: