Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Way to go James!

With the little snow we have on the ground James decided he wants to play outside in it. I decided that it is time I play hardball. I told him that he could play in the snow once he starts telling me he has to go to the bathroom and actually go. He said right then and there he had to go and he went. He earned his first sticker last night John was excited and then asked how many more does he need to get - I said at least 9 for a Frosty. Today as we were getting John ready to go off to school James was sad because he said he wanted to go. I told him he knows what he needs to do in order to go to school. A few minutes later I decided it was time for James to use the bathroom. At first he resisted but once he got to the bathroom he asked to sit on the potty and read a book. I left him as John's classmate arrived to get on the bus. A few minutes later James announced he was pooping on the potty! He earned 2 stickers even though I initiated the bathroom break because it beats cleaning up the mess in a diaper!

Patrick ended up falling asleep early during Sesame Street while I was feeding Tommy his lunch. That meant he was up a bit earlier than normal. He started to call my name before John got off the bus. I sat him by the side window and made him watch as I got John off the bus. But all hell broke loose when we came in. I was talking to John about his day and the next thing I know Patrick is in Tommy's room waking him up. I quickly got him out of the room and closed the door. As I was comforting Tommy back to sleep I heard Patrick moving the step stool in the bathroom around. Can this kid stay out of trouble?? Luckily Tommy was back to sleep in no time and with the help of John was able to get Patrick the hell out of there!

No comments: