Monday, November 10, 2008

Holy Crap!

Well the kids are at it again - giving me good blogging material! Tommy has decided climbing steps is within his capabilities. Luckily he doesn't climb them all the time so I don't have to have another gate up . . . YET!

On Saturday John commented on how today was Saturday and we go to church today. Matt acknowledged that he was correct and asked him what his favorite part about going to church was. John's honest reply - "going home!" I guess we don't have a priest in the making after all!

Today John had no school because of Parent-Teacher Conferences. So I took the boys to the mall we had a great time despite the first of I'm sure many Lake Effect Snow squalls of the winter. I had the kids wear their lighter winter coats with hats and gloves so it would be a little less crazy when jamming them in the basket of the stroller. We started off by getting there before the mall opened - that did two things - got us out of the house sooner and let them play in the "kids area" which still left time for some shopping. Before we left I searched online for every printable retail coupon I could find for the stores I planned on going to. It worked out great as I used everyone but one and the one I didn't use is the store we didn't go to! I was SHOCKED today with the fact that Santa was at the mall already. I wish I had known because that could have been one more thing off of our list - now I am going to have to squeeze it before school one day soon. If John didn't have an orange Cars shirt on I would have probably went for it but I just couldn't do it. The kids still chatted with Santa from behind the ropes at a safe distance. James told him he wanted Cars, John told him he wanted to Legos and we guessed for Patrick and Tommy. James offered up a suggestion to Santa that Patrick wanted cash. I told the boys we must go back again and get our picture taken and tell him want you want again as he might forget being so early. Hopefully the train ride will be going so I can bribe them to get closer than 50 feet!

The kids were good enough that I could actually shop a little for myself at Sears. They had a great sale. I was looking for something that I could wear for the holidays and our family photo for our church. They are going to have a photo album for their 60th anniversary. I found a nice sweater and jacket. I was also able to find some "holiday" pants for Tommy. I found out last night when we took our holiday pictures that the bibs that went with the outfit he was going to wear were a little short. I'm hoping the size I bought will work - I will try them on him soon. I broke down and bought John dress shoes. He looks so nice in his khaki's, white dress shirt and tie that I can't let him wear his dark tennis shoes. The brown shoes are nice and I had a coupon!

James decided he wasn't tired this afternoon so I let him stay up. As I'm typing this John is playing Wii and James fell asleep in the chair. He will be sorry at 4pm that he didn't go to sleep sooner! Ok - I need a drink - unfortunately of the non-alchoholic kind!

No comments: