Tuesday, September 23, 2008

You win some, you lose some

So the bad news on Sunday night was that I got outbid on the Darth Vader costume at the final minute. I figured that would happen but I wasn't willing to pay a dime more than I had bid on. The good news is John still hasn't asked me about it. The bad news, our friend who's kid wore the costume last year never made it back up to the attic so they can't find all the pieces. The good news I went back to ebay found an ad for the same costume for a very reasonable price and bought it. So I will be super mom once again.

As of yesterday, I had still not heard back from the transportation department regarding my request to change John's bus stop. So last night I composed and sent an email to the principal of John's school seeking some assistance getting this pushed through. In the email I put the information down on his current bus stop. I was typing this as I was watching DWTS and screwed up the house number of his current bus stop. So this morning before I got dressed I recalled the message and ended up deleting it and whipped up a new email with the correct information. I think today's email was a little better and I was a little less emotional when writing it. I finished up and sent it just before 6am. The principal had emailed me back a few minutes after 6 saying she would look into it. I received a phone call from the principal around 9:30 am letting me know she spoke with the transportation supervisor. Basically she told me this process could take 4-6 weeks (they should tell their operator that who told me 2-3 weeks) and I should probably hear something by the end of the week. Well low and behold I received a phone call this afternoon that starting tomorrow I need to be watching for that bus a little before 3pm! Yea! The only bummer part of the deal is that I may have to go through this again next year because bus stops may change based on need.

So far today James has had no accidents! The poor kid was playing outside yesterday - we had the whole neighborhood over again - I was talking to one of the mom's and I heard a big thump - it was James' head hitting the pavement. John accidentally barrelled him over I guess. I think James was behind John and John fell backwards on James. James ended up with a pretty nice goose bump and a little road rash from hitting the sidewalk.

I think John is coming around too on tying a shoe - actually my shoe. I worked with him on it today and I think he is starting to get it. Next pair of tennis shoes for him will definitely have laces.

Sometimes I feel like I have these uphill battles with the kids - shoelaces, potty training, eating with a fork, riding a bicycle and slowly but surely they get it and it is such a relief and a bit rewarding.

I was checking my bosses calendar with Pfizer and found out that his special assignment ends on at the end of January and not February like I had thought. That is a bit of a bummer. I'm wondering if my boss gets used to not having someone there if he would continue to have me on board or what am I thinking - it is so much easier to pop out of your office and say hey Joyce schedule this meeting with so and so and me for this date. We shall wait and see. I did find out I am entitled to vacation time that I would have accrued had I worked while I was on leave and I can still earn some at a different rate. I'm waiting to hear what that is. Cool beans for me!

No comments: