Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy!

So here is the latest drama in my life. John is dying to be Darth Vader for Halloween. That is fine however I am not paying $50 for the costume he sees in the catalog that came in the mail last week. I'm going the ebay route in hopes to spend less on the costume. We have a bid on one that the auction ends on Saturday - so far we are in the lead but you never know someone might want to spend more than I'm offering. Yesterday as I was looking for a good costume for a low price, John says to me - if we don't get this costume I'm going to cry. Great. No pressure on mom at all. I did post an update on my Facebook page saying I was looking for Darth Vader costumes on ebay and our friend might still have one from last year in their attic. Good for me that there is a Plan B.

In the meantime James then says he wants to be Lighting McQueen from Cars - another costume that was in this catalog that I now have to remember never to show the kids again. Found the "racing" outfit online for $20 - much cheaper than this catalog. There is an actual foam car that you can wear too - tried that on ebay but not much luck there. People are spending $50 for this puppy. No thank you. I think James would be happy enough with the outfit that comes with a headphone. I think that is the whole point of being Lightning.

The kids are in a funky mood today that is annoying. I guess I should call it "they are acting like spoiled brats". It was very hard for them to do the things they need to do to get out of the house this morning (like go the bathroom, put on shoes and coats). Maybe they don't like the fact I'm making them do it for themselves because they need to learn. After 100 times of asking James to go to the bathroom Patrick tells me he has to go so I get him on and he goes. That is wonderful however I'm not sure if I want to worry about 2 kids having wet pants until James gets a little more consistent with having a BM in the bathroom and not his pants.

In the at least they are cute and patriotic category - my boys make me sing the national anthem before we play any baseball in the front yard or driveway. This includes them making fake fireworks noise and James yelling "Play Ball". It looks like the Captains playoff game left quite the impression even though they claimed to be miserable when the fireworks went off.

In the good news section - I have John doing the breakfast dishes. He takes a while but I'm fine with that. Today I think the novelty was wearing off as he was complaining a bit too much. Can't wait for him to do them again tomorrow!

And lastly, today we are at BJ's. They have their blow up Halloween decoration up. I point it out to the kids who think its cool until one thing pops up that looks a little scary and then James goes through the store with his hands over his ears. Not too wierd. Did I mention he was wearing the hood on his jacket too? Don't ask me why. John and him must think its cool to have a hood on a jacket.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How it would be if small business people are provided by some cheap and best business solutions that at once make them big businessmen from small retailers? Are there any such solutions available in the world? If available, how can one get them?
For each and every above question there is an answer in the market now. This is all made possible by the latest internet technology that effect social life in all corners of life today. When the mobile phone was first introduced, it was serving as a mere phone. But now, everyone is enjoying its multiple services. In the same way, the growth of internet penetration is opening gates to new business opportunities for retailers. Learn more with List Easy