Friday, September 12, 2008

Virtual Job #2 is now underway

I picked up my computer yesterday to continue working with Pfizer. It was a little frustrating as the person who filled in for me during my leave told me - which I'm sure he was told - that I needed to activate a special card that connects me to the Pfizer world would have to be done at the Regional Office. Turns out it did not. The kids were good. I was in my "do what ever you want within reason" mode as I was on the phone with the help desk trying to get it to work. I came home with a lot more equipment that I had thought I was getting. I didn't grab things from my desk I did need - however I have someone at the office sending them to me. The kids were good. The only thing that was difficult was Patrick used the highlighter on himself instead of the paper, Tommy wanted Mommy only and was a grabby little Gus and James had an accident - which wasn't too big of a deal as I had anticipated that happening. We made it home - grabbed some Wendy's and got John on the bus in time. It was a nice treat for me and the kids to have Wendy's. As soon as it gets a bit colder I'm going to suggest soup for lunch as I am tired of making PB&J sandwiches.

Yesterday evening Patrick was giving Matt and I a little devil smirk. Very very cute. He actually did this yesterday before nap too and I tried to capture it on camera but didn't have much luck. That kid has the bluest eyes. He was up at the crazy hour (for a one year old) of 5:30am. Matt had him hang out on our bed as I dried my hair. He was just staring at me and I swear he didn't blink and his eyes looked just like baby-doll eyes. Too weird!

Tommy is actually have a good nap now. He has been in this routine of taking about an hour's nap in the am and then maybe 2 hours in the afternoon. As long as I can get some work done and maybe have time to blog or surf the net before John gets home I would be one happy mama.

John is totally loving school. He waited for the bus at the end of the walk way before he had to today and it was drizzling out! I said John - do you like going to school and his face lit up and said yes. I now feel like I missed out on something by never taking a bus because we lived so close to school. Bummer for me.

We are going out tomorrow night. I'm super excited. As much as I would love to hang out at Mick's for a few hours and watch football and baseball - I want to make sure we get to Target. There are toys I want to show Matt and possibly purchase and throw in our storage unit before we hit maybe another bar. Hopefully the kids will sleep into at least 6 am on Sunday so I can sleep in a little bit (maybe 5:45?)

No comments: