Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Tommy's Birthday

So far not too bad. The boys seem to like his presents. I had Tommy's present from us on the kitchen table this morning then I heard paper ripping - it was Patrick so I had to move it until Tommy woke up! The poor guy is a little fussy today. It looks like the 2nd front tooth is coming through so that could be the reason. He seemed to perk up after lunch. I was really surprised how well he played in the 12 o'clock hour - as usually he is fighting off sleep.

Patrick this morning was an early bird. I heard something on the monitor that woke me up - it was him - apparently he was playing "wake up Jeff" with himself and singing the new Wiggles theme song. Then about 10 after 5 he decided he should call for me. Luckily Matt got him and brought him into our bed - I hate to do that but he didn't fall asleep so we aren't creating any bad habits. He is another one that made it to 1pm without being to cranky or fighting sleep. I'm sure the story would have been different if we went to a store today. I forgot to blog about this last week - a chunk of dirt that fell of one of our shoes fell on the floor. Patrick picks it up then eats it. That kid doesn't care what is on the floor - its in his mouth. I had to wipe out his mouth and give him some water to drink for the dirt I couldn't reach.

James fell off the potty training wagon today. I forgot about having him go to the bathroom before nap time - so he had an accident - unfortunately not the wet kind. He lost his prized toy so hopefully he will get back on the wagon and tell us that he has to go. He wanted a pull-up but I told him no - you are a big boy and you can do this.

I updated our picture collage in the living room. I didn't say anything to see how long it would take Matt to notice. It was roughly about 2 hours after he got home. I'm pretty impressed as I thought it would be a few days!

No comments: