Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My last 1 year check up

How sad but how nice too. It was an annual event for a while. Tommy is doing great. He is 22lbs 1oz and is 30 inches long. He is 75% for height but he didn't gain much weight from the last time - I don't think it was even a pound. I'm sure this is because he is moving around a lot more. He was very cooperative at first but then decided he didn't want to be held down to long. I think the doctor was very impressed that he was off the bottle shortly after his 9 month check up. He is a believer the sooner you get rid of the bottle and pacifier the better it is on everyone. They looked over his hands but everything was fine. So I have to make his next appointment which is 15 months. I usually make them before I leave the office but the secretary said her computer crashed so I will have to call in the next day or two. It would be really great to get John and James in at the same time for their yearly checkups. Tommy will be the only one getting shots so that shouldn't be too hard. Patrick, I'm sure will be disappointed it won't be his turn. Also in the good news department - Tommy can have 2% milk. That is great because it costs less than whole milk and now I don't have to worry about when Patrick drinks his milk when I forget to put it out of reach.

We got outside a little last night and this morning waiting for John's bus. It was chilly last night and unfortunately Tommy doesn't like to keep his gloves on so his little hands were freezing. Today Patrick found some mud and got it on his coat. I don't think he ate it this time. I was smart to have him and James in boots for that reason.

This afternoon the Indians open up their Spring Training games. I wonder if John will play that over Wii. He might play Wii for awhile but then switch over - hard to say.

Last night James didn't hear my reminder to grab a night time diaper and went to bed with big boy underwear on. When he came down this morning he was complaining his pants were wet but I didn't feel anything. I asked if he had to go the bathroom and he said yes - Daddy I need your help. So this is when Matt discovered he went to bed with his underwear and it was just slightly wet. Boy it would be really cool if that was the norm. I would love to not have to buy the night time diapers - especially if Patrick will be needing them soon too.

No comments: