Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Oh the fun I have

Yesterday was a great day with the kids. We worked on a little craft project for Mother's Day for Matt's mom and had a blast playing outside. It was fun and hectic in the afternoon getting through dinner, watching LBJ accept his MVP award and then getting dressed for soccer and taking John to baseball practice. John had a great scrimmage offensively. He had a double and an infield single. Defensively he forgot a few things when playing shortstop and third base but he had a great time. The soccer game was pretty good. John scored 2 goals and James showed up. On Sunday a stye started forming on James right eye again. So between that hurting when he blinks and being sleepy because the game started at 7pm he wandered on the field until the ball would almost hit him and then he would kick it. One time he wasn't paying attention when they were throwing the ball in and he got hit in the eye - the one that has the stye.

Today I decided to take him to the doctors. The good news is we got an antibiotic. The doctor suggested if he continues to get them to take him to the eye doctor. He said it could be like a blocked tear duct that might need opened. Problem is I can't remember which eye he has been getting them in. So then we dropped off his prescription and I found out that Tommy was napping. So we stopped at home so I could get Patrick and Tommy's milk cups. We then went to the school so I could vote then off to Wendy's for lunch. I was brave enough to have everyone eat in the restaurant instead of getting it to go. Lunch went well until I realized the helpful Patrick throwing everything else decided to include his sippy cup. I have more cups so I wasn't about to fish it out. We came home and then went outside. That is when I pulled out the receipt from the post office. We mailed my mom's mother's day card / package. I saw on the receipt the zip code was for my Grandmother's town and not my mom's. Luckily I was able to call the post office and get it corrected. We played outside until nap time. Patrick was disappointed he didn't get to watch his shows but they had fun.

Yesterday's good news was I got my resume up to date so when I go back out in the workforce I'm good to go. I talked with the company Pfizer set me up with for over an hour on my cell phone. I then checked to see how close I was to using up my minutes - not very close but I'm over on my text messages. I told Matt text messages are cheaper than cell phone minutes. I know why I went over - I signed up for Cavs notices and they were texting me a ton of times so I stopped that.

I'm pretty beat. I hope we don't have the make up soccer game - the coach was unsure and was to call us. Its 3:23pm - no call yet. Got to love the unorganized.

No comments: