Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Best Mother's Day Yet!

I had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. Our neighbors called early Saturday afternoon and offered us 2 Indians tickets for Matt and John to go to the game. We accepted. Later Matt came to me and said why don't you go? I said oh alright. I wasn't sure about going because the weather was wet and on the cool side. I packed up a bunch of warm clothes for us to wear. We didn't tell John until I was just about ready to leave. He was super excited. We had the best time. We kept score and stayed until the top of the 8th inning. I know I shouldn't be but I was shocked at the prices of drinks and food there. We bought a $5 Gatorade which we enjoyed greatly. Since John hasn't had any pop this was great.

On Sunday I got McDonald's for Matt and I for breakfast. At nap time I worked with John and James at catching and throwing the ball. John was doing really great at throwing and wasn't bad at catching although he was very nervous about getting one in the eye. James did good for a little guy. He would have issues throwing it straight when he had a big wind up. James had t-ball practice in the evening. The coach had roses for each of the players to give to their moms. It was really sweet.

We have been running so much and I've been staying up later than normal because of the Cavs and its finally catching up with us. My patience is on a low level and now I know why - I have a cold. It started yesterday as a scratchy throat that just didn't go away. John woke up fevered - I don't know the exact number because I couldn't find the thermometer but I knew he was warm and he was up super early. After he had some Tylenol he went back to sleep. His appetite is a little off too. I gave him some Motrin around noon to help with his headache and achy body. I hope this cold goes away as fast as it came. James is finishing up antibiotics for his stye so hopefully that will keep him from getting it. Tommy is still teething so I expect him to get it. I'm not sure about Patrick. So today was dealt with how to entertain everyone when we can't go anywhere. We did a craft project which the boys helped a little but I did most of the work. I then found some balloons and blew them up. That is fun except Tommy is trying to bite it.

Funny story - that happened to Matt and not me. John was talking about Babe Ruth. He is in the Backyard Baseball game and that is all John ever plays now. Matt said John you know he is Catholic. John was suprised. He then went on to tell Matt how he is not Catholic anymore. He explained last year he went to St. Mary Magdalene but now he goes to Royalview.

No comments: