Monday, December 8, 2008

St. Nick and Birthdays!

This was a crazy weekend as it was St. Nick's Day and Patrick's birthday. I guess this will always be crazy because both dates will never change! The boys enjoyed their presents from St. Nick - Cars for John James and Patrick and a baby flashlight for Tommy. St. Nick should have given Tommy a Cars car but he wouldn't get the full benefit out of it or his brothers would always play with it (that is exactly what is happening with Patrick's). They also got Shrek the Halls. That was more for me than them.

Patrick had a wonderful birthday - I suppose. He found himself in trouble a lot by doing typical 2 year old things. I think he really enjoyed all his presents he received. The fact that he is talking a lot earlier that James or John did it makes me think he is a lot older than 2. The cake I made was very tasty. I saw a recipe in the Krafts Food Magazine that was for cupcakes but I just made it into a cake. I made the cake part on Thursday. Instead of frosting I used Cool Whip to frost the cake. Then on top it was to have crushed candy canes on top - which I did. However, when I stored it in my Tupperware cake thingy the candy canes melted. It still tasted good - but I was bummed out that the candy canes melted.

I think the kids need a day outside and tomorrow might be the day. They are super whiny and not listening. Tomorrow the weather is to be a lot warmer and rain. I don't think I will care if they go out in the rain. I will just have to watch to make sure John doesn't get too muddy. I wish Tommy could enjoy the outside too - maybe I'll let him crawl everywhere and change him when he gets inside.

We had our pictures taken for the church directory. In January they will be celebrating their 60th Anniversary. The picture turned out pretty good. Tommy wasn't smiling - but he didn't smile in any of them. The other boys looked nice. We actually had a few pictures that Tommy was sucking his thumb because the photographer was more concerned about the other boys that he didn't notice to tell me to get his thumb out!

No comments: