Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A wonderful holiday weekend

We went to visit my parents in Pennsylvania. The boys were fantastic in the car. We timed it up so we traveled during nap time. I don't know why but I still cringe when I think of taking another trip. I guess I'm nervous my luck my run out or maybe I'm having flashbacks when John cried, fussed and screamed from Mantua to Willowick. I think all the boys enjoyed themselves. James is emerging as a little boy. He was like hey I know where I am and how to get to the big ship! John wanted to play baseball and cards most of the time. James caught two fish and enjoyed being in the woods. Patrick loved the game of climbing into the crib that Tommy slept in. Tommy did not want to be carried that much - he wanted to walk alot. It was the most fun I had since the boys were born because we got to do a lot of stuff as a family. My mom had John James and Patrick all in the same bed. They seemed not to mind despite sleeping in their own bed when they are at home.

I can't get over how much Tommy is starting to talk. On John's opening day he said baseball. He now asks for milk, snack and juice! His laugh is exactly like Patrick's which scares the hell out of me. I think they will be getting into trouble when they get older. Oh I can feel the gray hairs pushing through!

Only 7 more days of school left. I think I'm looking forward to a new schedule. Hopefully we will have a good summer.

No comments: