Thursday, May 28, 2009

Under the weather

The boys have had runny noses for about a week so naturally I get it. My throat has been killing me all week long. It was so bad the past two days I considered going to a doctor to see if I have strept. I have been taking Advil for my aching body and it has been helping. I went to bed around 8:30pm last night and could tell at different times I was "sweating it out". After breakfast I felt pretty good so I cleaned the bathroom and then we went outside. I cleaned up the maple keys in the backyard that went from being everywhere to being everywhere and soaking wet! The boys were helping somewhat and fighting at other times. Tommy and James took turns with a shovel and helped put the big wet pile in the yard waste pile. After awhile Patrick disappeared and the other boys followed to see what he was doing. When they didn't come back and I didn't hear fighting I knew they were watching TV. I took advantage of the peaceful moment and cleaned the gutter out on the garage. It is amazing how much dirt and stench accumulates in such a small space. The boys then wanted to play upstairs. I decided what the heck I can start getting out the winter clothes from the drawers and put in the summer clothes. That part worked well but all the books from the bookshelf were everywhere. At lunch instead of giving the boys just regular apples I coated them with cinnamon and sugar and baked them for about 10 minutes. I told them it was like eating apple pie. They seemed to enjoy it. The back porch could use a good vacuuming. Maybe in a few minutes. Lots of dirt has been tracked in.

This afternoon while I was working I heard James doing something that didn't sound like playing little Legos - I looked and he was unrolling a roll of paper towels we have in the basement in case we have an accident. He will be very good at TPing someone's house. I was able to retrieve and re-roll the paper towels. I have been wearing a tank top all day because of the hot and humid conditions. It was about 2pm when James asked me why I was wearing this shirt? I said I'm hot he said "me too" I told him he could take off his shirt so he did then he asked me if I could put it in the dishwasher because its really dirty from playing outside. Its not the first time he has referred to the washer as the dishwasher - I have yet to correct him - I think its too cute!

John was to have baseball but I'm sure that is cancelled. We skipped the soccer banquet last night. They wanted $11 per person for non soccer players. Turns out it was a good move on our part. From what I heard they didn't eat until 7:30 (banquet started at 6:30) and it was highly unorganized. I felt bad of jipping James from an award ceremony but he will have one with T-ball. Speaking of T-ball James' coach delivered his uniform yesterday. He was so excited he wore it the rest of the afternoon and evening. I have to remember that he is small that John but I don't want him stuck with a t-shirt that is super tight either. Its hard to believe nap time is almost over. I hope this evening the kids are entertained enough without going outside. I don't feel like yelling and getting everyone muddy.

No comments: