Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Fall is here!

Last week Fall arrived. Our front tree has already a few leaves turning beautiful colors and the kids were dying to jump into them. We finished decorating the outside of the house. We bought some corn stalk from our church. Sunday was so beautiful weather wise. We enjoyed a long family walk. Patrick and Tommy did there share of walking too. We brought the backup - now THE - double stroller along so if they both wanted a ride they could. I gave my friend my really good double stroller and one of the cribs on Sunday. She is having her second baby in a year so she could use some extra help!

I'm trying to come up with ideas of things I could do with the boys during the cold days. We have been hitting the parks where they have animals inside. I know of Playground World in Chesterland that has open play time. The Wickliffe Library has a fun play kids section. Tonight for fun we did a craft project together then I printed out pages they could color. We could of course go to the mall - but I don't know if I can handle it being a weekly trip - although they would get their exercise. I might have to check out those places that have the inflatable stuff. It costs money - that is the only downfall - free is so much better - especially when I have 3 kids to pay for. I just wish there was a place the kids can go and run - not hurt anything. That is the mall and we could walk too but I'm sure the people at Disney will get sick of us just like the guy at Target who works the Wii section.

I'm nervous in some respects about James and the fact he doesn't know how to write really well at all. I haven't taken the time because of the little ones and when it is just us - I'm working or he doesn't want to do it. I'm going to have to make a point to try and work with him in the mornings he doesn't have school - I guess I could have the other two color or something. I just think I will lose it if and when they start coloring something other than the paper.

John had an awesome interim report. I now know what his reading level is. I guess after Kindergarten he was at 1.5 and now he is at 2.2. This week he has alot of tricky words to spell. I am having him practice every night just like last week (even though last week was easier). In fact right now they are all watching Letter Factory. James can learn how to right and John can refresh on his phonics. I'm excited I am going to be in John's classroom two times next month helping the teacher and kids.

No comments: