Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Mall

This week has been a great week for the first week of summer. John and James are having a blast at Safety Town, we went to a Captains game which John got to yell "Play Ball" before the first pitch and the boys and I went to the mall because James has been dying to go to the Disney Store. We got to the mall and I made the kids eat lunch so we could then play, shop and go home. We did all that then Patrick claimed he needed to use the potty so I took him there - he didn't go but just about everyone else did. We got to the car and I got everyone loaded in, snacks and juice in hand go to reach in my pocket for my keys, found the keys but NO WALLET! I was frantically looking around the ground. I looked inside the bags of clothes and shoes we had bought nothing. So I loaded everyone back into the stroller and we were off to the races. The first stop was the bathroom - just because I figured that was the place it would drop. Then checked a play area outside of Sears - nothing, went back to Sears where I made my last purchase just in case I left it on the counter knowing I did not - NOPE. Back down the elevator and across the mall to the Customer Service to ask if anyone had turned it in - nope. I said ok time to go home - its lost. Talked with Matt and had him call the bank to cancel my card and told him what purchases I had made. I came home canceled my one and only major credit card I usually carry and found out what I needed to do to replace my drivers license. I then take a call from work and start to deal with that. During a break I log into facebook and I have a message in my inbox. It is from the lady who found it outside of the mall! She said everything - money included is still entact - THANK YOU GOD!! She is going to mail it to me - I offered to meet her to pick it up but she has baseball obiligations the next two days so in the mail it goes.

Back to earlier in the mall. I knew I needed Patrick's feet checked for the correct size because I noticed the tennis shoes he was wearing the seam at the toes were starting to split. I looked this morning to see if I had any other shoes - size 8 just hanging around - no just 8 1/2. I really couldn't tell where his big toe was but it seemed close at times and too big other times. Turns out the poor kid is a Size 9!

James is really enjoying Safety Town - I think he really enjoys being a big boy and doing fun things. Yesterday the Police came to visit and handed out badges. Today the Fire and Ambulance was there to give out fire hats. It is good stuff. I think I will wait for Tommy to be old enough so he can do it together with Patrick. You have to be between 4-6.

John had a great baseball game last night - he finally came out of his hitting slump and had 3 doubles. He was very excited each time he hit one as he was jumping up and down on 2nd base. He also got the game ball. Hopefully his hitting streak will continue. I think last night was the first game we won all year.

No comments: